When you visit Hermann Missouri you can’t help but run into some of the best wines and wineries in the state and even the country. Hermann continues to turn heads with their wines and this comes as no surprise to locals or others who visit and experience Hermann and all it has to offer.
Hermann Competes With All of Missouri
With over 120 wineries in Missouri, Hermann fits right in and competes with the best and brightest. Luckily, Hermann has been taking their signature grapes and and developing them and maturing them to produce their famous award-winning wines. There is no reason this trend will not continue in the future, which is good news for Hermann Missouri wineries and their visitors.
There is a competition right around the corner that is good news for the Hermann wineries; the 2013 Missouri Wine Competition. The Missouri Wine and Grape Board will be hosting this event on July 23rd and 24th. Along with winning specific category awards, wineries from around the state will compete for the Governor’s Cup also. The winner of this illustrious competition will be announced later in the summer.
Missouri Wines Get Better and Better
Over 300 wines have been submitted this year alone. This is a great testimony to the quality of the wines produced in Missouri and Hermann is no exception. Last year, Stone Hill Winery and Montelle Winery were both awarded a medal in the Dry Red category. This doesn’t happen often so the fact that two separate wineries were awarded is something to be proud.
- Dry White: Augusta Winery 2010 Vignoles Estate
- Sweet White: Stonehaus Farms Vineyard & Winery Strother Ridge Vignoles
- Semi-Dry White: Noboleis Vineyards, 2011 Traminette
- Dry Red (tie): Montelle Winery 2009 Norton/ Stone Hill Winery Chambourcin 2010
- Semi-Dry Red: Windy Wine Company Good News Red
- Sweet Red: Adam Puchta Winery Riefenstahler
- Rose: Stone Hill Winery Pink Catawba
- Fruit Wine: Pirtle Winery Pirtle Raspberry Mead
- Late Harvest/Ice: Stone Hill Winery 2011 Late Harvest Vignoles
- Dessert/Fortified: Stone Hill Winery Cream Sherry
- Distilled Product: Montelle Winery Peach Eau de Vie
Obviously, Hermann is proud of Stone Hill Winery and Adam Puchta Winery for their submissions, great achievements, and also their dedication to producing some of the best wines in the state and even the country. We look forward to seeing them win many more competitions and hope that the other wineries in our beautiful town will be able to win in some of these categories in the near future.