Hermann Missouri is proud to be a home to many Fourth of July activities. The men and women of the Armed Services are honored during these processions around Hermann and everyone, including locals, visitors and even veterans, are welcome to join in the festivities and celebrate our great nation during this time of remembering our Independence.
Hermann Businesses Come Together
Many of the businesses sponsor events throughout the day and most are anxious to meet and greet you in their stores throughout Hermann. In the spirit of commerce and fun, you’ll find many local businesses offering special deals or featuring new and exciting products during the Fourth of July.
One of the great things about the Fourth of July in Hermann is the annual parade through the streets. Many of the local Hermann businesses come together to build or create a float or entry that will get the attention of all the people on the streets. Hermann usually has several dozen entries and it’s a good time to get the kids out on the sidewalks to watch the floats and vehicles pass by since there is usually an abnormal amount of candy and goodies that fly through the air.
Fourth of July Schedule of Activities in Hermann
While sitting on the sidewalk may be fun for those watching the Hermann parade, you don’t want to miss the activities in Downtown Hermann or at Riverfront Park. Some of the activities include:
- 11:00 am – The Food stand setup down by the river will be open for business.
- 4:00 pm – Fourth of July Parade.
- Starting in town by the Elementary School at 8th street, the parade will make it’s way through the winding streets and will end by the Hermannhof Winery well at 1st and Gutenberg. The theme this year is “Hats Off to Heroes.”
- 4:00 pm – The vendor booth opens down by the river at Riverfront Park
- 5:30 pm – Kids’ Tractor Pull and Turtle Race
- Get your kids down to Riverfront Park and have them test their skills against one another on the make-shift tractor pull. Stay there for some exciting turtle races too. Make sure they bring their own turtle to join in the fun.
- 7:30 pm – City Band Concert
- 9:15 pm – Fireworks
- Sit back, relax and watch the city of Hermann Missouri put on a spectacular show of lights and glitter at Riverfront Park.
Leave a Reply