The owner, Tim Puchta, was out early in the morning making sure the roads were in good shape for visitors. The Adam Puchta Winery provided a delicious Smoked Salmon and Goat Cheese Torta. This beautifully prepared dish was served at a party earlier in the year and was paired with Puchta’s own Vignoles. This delightful bottle of wine was just recently released in September of this year.
- 1 pkg puff pastry sheets
- 5 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 32 oz. goat cheese
- (1) 8 oz. pkg of cream cheese
- 2 cups shredded Italian cheese blend
- Chives (to taste)
- Parsley (to taste)
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- 6-8 oz. thinly sliced smoked salmon
- Garnish: sour cream & dill
- Pre-heat oven to 400°
- Roll out puff pastry on lightly floured surface and transfer to baking sheets.
- Using forks, pierce dough all over and bake until golden brown (about 15 minutes)
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together sour cream, goat cheese, cream cheese, shredded cheese, chives, parsley and salt.
- Incorporate eggs one at a time, blending well after each addition.
- Spread on prepared puff pastry crusts.
- Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes.
- Cut into squares, top with smoked salmon, sour cream and dill.
Be sure to check out this website for more information:
Please visit each of the following posts for a more detailed description and photos of each of the tastings and venues:
- Stone Hill Winery
- Bias Winery
- Hermannhof Winery
- Star Lane / Three Saints
- Robller Winery
- Adam Puchta Winery
- OakGlenn Winery
Also, take a look at our entire selection of pictures of the Say Cheese Wine Trail in 2014 on Flickr