The views of the new fallen snow were breathtaking at the top of the hill at OakGlenn Winery just outside Hermann Missouri. They prepared a delicious nacho cheese soup for visitors and used a nicely designed mug that each wine trail participant was able to take with them. The spicy soup was paired with OakGlenn’s own Blush wine.
Nacho Cheese Soup
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 4 Tbsp flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. white pepper
- 4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup nacho cheese
- 2 Tbsp. minced nacho chilies for garnish
- In a 4 quart oven proof ceramic dish, saute celery and onions in butter until translucent in microwave.
- Add flour, mix thoroughly, heat in microwave, til bubbling.
- Add milk and return to microwave on medium power til bubbly.
- Stir every 2 minutes to prevent clumping. If soup is not smooth, use a hand processor to soften.
- Add nacho cheese to hot mixture, stirring rapidly.
- Serve hot with minced nacho chilies if desired.
Be sure to check out this website for more information:
Please visit each of the following posts for a more detailed description and photos of each of the tastings and venues:
- Stone Hill Winery
- Bias Winery
- Hermannhof Winery
- Star Lane / Three Saints
- Robller Winery
- Adam Puchta Winery
- OakGlenn Winery
Also, take a look at our entire selection of pictures of the Say Cheese Wine Trail in 2014 on Flickr
Leave a Reply