Stone Hill Winery is located at the top of Stone Hill Drive in Hermann Missouri. The chef at the Vintage Restaurant cooked up some amazing mac and cheese. This delight added a little zing with some pepper jack cheese and roasted red peppers. Paired with their Golden Rhine, this dish was a savory and spicy treat.
- 1 lb. Elbow Macaroni
- 2 Tbsp. Unsalted Butter
- 2 Tbsp. All Purpose Flour
- 2 Cup Milk
- 2 Cup Shredded Pepper Jack Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Diced Red Bell Pepper
- 1/2 Cup Bacon Bits
- Prepare macaroni according to package directions
- Melt butter in a sauce pan over medium heat. Whisk in flour, cook for 1-2 minutes
- Gradually add mil while whisking until smooth. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for five minutes.
- Whisk in cheese until melted.
- Combine macaroni, bacon, and red peppers in the sauce.
Be sure to check out this website for more information:
Please visit each of the following posts for a more detailed description and photos of each of the tastings and venues:
- Stone Hill Winery
- Bias Winery
- Hermannhof Winery
- Star Lane / Three Saints
- Robller Winery
- Adam Puchta Winery
- OakGlenn Winery
Also, take a look at our entire selection of pictures of the Say Cheese Wine Trail in 2014 on Flickr