The snow covering the grounds at Bias Winery made a perfect setting for the Say Cheese Wine Trail and closely located to Hermann Missouri. Served as a pairing of wine with dessert, Bias created a delicious Strawberry Cheesecake Surprise. This paired with their Strawberry Weisser Flieder made for a great dessert idea.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 16 oz. cream cheese
- 1 cup sifted, packed powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- 1/2 pint whipping cream
- 1 cup strawberry pie filling
- 1 cup broken pecan meats
- Melt butter in skillet, add graham cracker crumbs and sugar. Mix well.
- Pack mixture firmly into bottom of 11x9x2 pan.
- Bake at 375° for 10 minutes
- Make filling by beating cream cheese until smooth
- Add milk and powdered sugar and beat until smooth
- Spread over cooled crust
- Whip cream until stiff and spread over the cheese layer.
- Carefully spread the strawberries over whipped cream layer.
- Chill 3-4 hours
Be sure to check out this website for more information:
Please visit each of the following posts for a more detailed description and photos of each of the tastings and venues:
- Stone Hill Winery
- Bias Winery
- Hermannhof Winery
- Star Lane / Three Saints
- Robller Winery
- Adam Puchta Winery
- OakGlenn Winery
Also, take a look at our entire selection of pictures of the Say Cheese Wine Trail in 2014 on Flickr