Adam Puchta Winery in Hermann Missouri had a different twist to the wine trail and offered a WHITE chocolate treat. Their White Chocolate Lime Cheesecake Bars were outstanding. With a hard cracker crust and a smooth cream cheese topping, the desert paired well with their Vignoles. If you tried this treat from Adam Puchta Winery, let us know your thoughts in the comments.
- 8 oz quality which chocolate (Ghirardelli or Lindt)
- 2 (3.5 oz.) boxes of Key Lime Straws
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 (8 oz) package of cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons key lime juice
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lime zest
Line 8x8x2-inch baking pan with foil, extending over all sides. Stir chopped chocolate in a small metal bowl, set over a saucepan of barely simmering water until melted and smooth. Remove bowl from over water. Finely grind the key lime straws in food processor, add 4 tablespoons of melted chocolate and blend until mixture clumps together. Firmly press mixture into bottom of prepared pan. Chill while making filling.
Beat whipping cream in medium bowl until peaks form, set aside. In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, key lime juice, lime zest and remaining melted chocolate; mix until smooth. Fold in whipped cream in two additions. Spread mixture over prepared crust. Chill until firm.
To view some other venues for the Hermann Chocolate Wine Trail click on the following links:
- Adam Puchta Winery – White Chocolate Key Lime Cheesecake Bars
- Bias Winery – Decadent Chocolate Truffle Cookies
- Star Lane Three Saints – Ground Pork and Chocolate Ragu
- Hermannhof Winery – Braised Beef Short Ribs
- OakGlenn Winery – Chocolate Mousse
- Robller Winery – Double Chocolate Scone
- Stone Hill Winery – Cayenne Chocolate Brownie
- Pinckney Bend – Chocolate Candy