February has been most noted as a month of love. With winter weather slowly (and in Hermann seems to be a crawl) warming up, people come out of hibernation; sometimes with reluctance, other times with great enthusiasm. Whatever the case may be, those that venture to the beautiful town of Hermann Missouri on the fourth weekend of February are in for a sweet treat.
Love may be an international language, but chocolate makes everyone smile; and some say makes the world go ’round. The Hermann Wine Trail invited visitors from all over to experience the Chocolate Wine Trail and the masses responded. The trail sold out and isn’t surprising. Each of the different wineries in the area offered a dish with some kind of chocolate-ness involved.
Below you will find links to each of the different wineries (and a special surprise we uncovered as well). Each page has a short description of the food and the wine and the recipe for the chocolate treat. If you enjoyed any of the Chocolate Wine Trail locations, please use the comment section and let us know your thoughts and how to make it better next year.
To view some other venues for the Hermann Chocolate Wine Trail click on the following links:
- Adam Puchta Winery – White Chocolate Key Lime Cheesecake Bars
- Bias Winery – Decadent Chocolate Truffle Cookies
- Star Lane Three Saints – Ground Pork and Chocolate Ragu
- Hermannhof Winery – Braised Beef Short Ribs
- OakGlenn Winery – Chocolate Mousse
- Robller Winery – Double Chocolate Scone
- Stone Hill Winery – Cayenne Chocolate Brownie
- Pinckney Bend – Chocolate Candy*
* – This wasn’t officially part of the wine trail but we thought it was worth mentioning